SOPHMORE: COLLEGE INFORMATION
Sophmore Year Checklist:
- Make good grades a priority. Your GPA continues to accumulate.
- Be ambitious and take tough classes. Flexing your brain now will help prepare you for the academic challenges of college.
- Register at scholarship websites.
- Take the PLAN (practice ACT) in November.
- Start thinking about careers that interest you.
- Think about selecting a college. Find out about different types of colleges and decide which characteristics of colleges are most important to you.
- Take the ASVAB (military test) in February and complete the Career Exploration program.
- Continue to participate in extracurricular activities.
- Begin preparing to take the SAT or the ACT.
- Save money and make financial preparations for college tuition, books, fees, housing, etc.
- Create a professional email specifically for colleges, scholarships, etc. This will help you to find information you've requested and keep track of information you've already received.
Your GPA counts! If you think of taking a few classes your Junior year, your GPA will make a huge impact on the application process.
Why not go to college and someone else pay for it? Make sure you look into scholarships that will help you pay for you school. Remeber, your GPA is the most telling feature scholarships will look at.
As you begin your Sophmore Year take every test seriously, even practice tests as they can be accurate descriptions of your score on the real test.